Friday, June 12, 2009


vacation was fab.u.lous.

Took a little over 200 pictures - slowly editing them...love that process! It was SOO nice to get away for a few days...just wonderful. It has been since 2004 that the Mann and I have been able to get away by ourselves for a little bit. It was LONG overdue. Saturday was spent traveling - got to NC around 5:00 or so that evening. We made a stop in Atlanta, GA - I wanted to go to Paper Source, Anthropologie, & Urban Outfitters. Troy wanted to go to Dunkin' Donuts since we are not privileged enough down here in the South to have that yummi place...let's just say - we only made it to Dunkin' Donuts. The Mann told me he would never go through Atlanta again...lol.


Sunday was spent relaxing - we drove around for a couple of hours....then had lunch at a Chinese/American Buffet - it was pretty good. Monday, we went to the local library to use their wifi - then we headed up to Pigeon Forge, TN. This was about a 2 hour trip. The Garmin took our route through the Cherokee Indian Reservation and up a long, narrow, winding moutain road. It was quite beautiful, breathtaking & ear popping..lol. Alot of pictures were taken on this route. We got into Pigeon Forge and drove around - then found the big scrapbooking store I wanted to go to. I was a little disappointed by their selection of goodies...only a little bit of the products that I like to use. I did pick up two bottles of Glimmer Mist - "Glacier" & "Jazz Blue". And I picked up a few of the new Jenni Bowlin products - love her stuff! Speaking of which, have you seen her new website - fabulous! After that, we stopped and add lunch/dinner around 3:00 at Tony Roma's. I had the yummi ribeye and Troy had the ribs and small steak. Needless to say, it was so much food, we had to get a to-go box. It was also at the restaraunt that I found out I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a WONDERFUL thing to find out on vacation! That totally made our day! After dinner, we drove around Pigeon Forge a bit more - definitely a tourist town. The next time we head back up that way - we will have to plan to go to one of the dinner & show places that are available there. Started to head back down to NC to get home for the evening and the Garmin decided to take us on the most treachorous road ever - we later found out it is referred to as the Dragon Tail: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html . It took us about 45 - 60 minutes to drive 11 miles. INSANE. Not only that, but it was of course, going UP the mountain, and it had just rained, so the roads were wet, and the Mazda is a manual. Makes for fun times. We survived though!!!


Today, I went down to the place that hired me - filled out the mound of paperwork and went and had the drug test done. Glad all that is done. I'm supposed to start work on June 29th. It will be kinda nice to have another 2 weeks off from work!

Last night, the Mann and I went to the 11:59 showing of "Taking Pelham 1 2 3". Very good. Of course, how can it not be when John Travolta is in it. ;-)

Off to go find something for dinner! Good night...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! Your weekend getaway sounds lovely-minus not getting to go to Antho or UO-pretty annoying....o'well!
I'm still in Mexico City until Wednesday, forgot my camera-drats- so I haven't had any pics to post for 2 weeks. I might do Beth
Perry's abc list. I like your to do list, too.
Hope you have a good day!
d.

dani said...

Vacation sounds lovely, Neil and I are going down to a lake resort just for tonight, so a little tiny getaway for us. Sooo excited. It's been so long for us too.

I remember driving home a few years ago through NC and TN. All the mountain roads, semi trucks and rain made it a very eventful and LONG ride! Neil was begging me to try and sleep so I would quit freaking out!

DEBRA said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!

www.endofthedaycrafting.etsy.com
www.endoftheday.typepad.com

Michelle said...

Sounds like quite an eventful trip! Sorry you didn't make it to a few of your stores in Georgia. Make next time. I loved seeing your photos, especially on facebook. Hope that you love your new job. Such great news!