Saturday, May 22, 2010

GCD Studios Spotlight

For this week's spotlight for GCD Studios, I used one of the decorative tins from the Artsy Urban Collection. Here is a quick tutorial on the little mini-book I made using the tin piece & some of the other product from the Artsy Urban collection.

I used the tin piece as my cover and punched two holes in it using my crop-a-dile.
I then took the small cards from the Artsy Urban line and punched holes in those and stamped each of the backs of them with various stamps from Coffee Girl Crafts, Studio Calico, & Cat's Life Press.
I then took my pictures [which had all been printed with one of the Vintage Cabinet Card Digital frames by Danielle Thompson for Kitschy Digitals] and backed two of the pictures together, glued them together, and then punched holes in those and added them to the book.

I added a few other small embellishments I had lying around: chipboard heart with a heart that I stamped into it using the Chip Art tool, ribbon, patterned paper, etc.


I used silver book rings to hold it all together - and I will probably add a a few more pictures into it later on....
A very quick & easy mini book!

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

super cute and quick :)

Unknown said...

that is very cute!!

danielle said...

Melissa, that is SO cute!! I want one!