Thursday, July 1, 2010

GCD Spotlight - Independence Collection

I thought it only appropriate to highlight the "Independence" Collection by GCD Studios this week in honor of Fourth of July :-)

I used 4 different patterned papers in the collection: "Lincoln", "Arlington", "Lexington", & "Constitution". I chose a picture that I snapped last year at the fireworks display that my husband and I went to. I love sparklers and amazingly enough, was able to catch one in a decent picture!

I also just recently purchased an e-book from Ella Publishing by Lisa Dickinson and one of her tips was to use a grid of some sort. As soon as I saw this tip, I immediately thought of my star punch and punched 4 stars out of each sheet of patterned paper.

First, I misted my Kraft cardstock with red & blue ink; I then used the Hambly stitches rubons and placed them between each row of stars. I positioned my photo over top of it and then placed my title over the picture. I used an Elle's Studio journaling spot for the date; and then I placed rhinestones randomly on different stars. I finished off the layout by using my corner rounder on two opposite corners on the Kraft cardstock and then inked around the edges in red Staz-on ink.

Overall, this layout took about 30 minutes :-) Very quick and easy!



I hope you & yours have a fantastic Fourth of July!

1 comment:

danielle said...

Hope you have a great 4th! Lovely LO!