Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spinach & Mushroom Pizza

It's been a while since I shared a recipe on the ole' blog!  I made this for dinner this past Friday evening. I was craving some pizza and decided to make up my own recipe for a more gourmet pizza.

It turned out pretty good. The only thing I would change in the future, is that I would definitely make my own pizza dough.  I typically do this, but I had a coupon for that Pillsbury pizza dough and thought I would try it out.  I wasn't impressed. In the least. I also would add more salt than I did on this one - although, that could be solved with making my own dough as well...

 INGREDIENTS:

Pizza Dough
1/2 small onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 tablespoons of butter
Mushrooms, canned or fresh
Bag of frozen spinach
Mozzarella Cheese
Fontina Cheese, 3/4 cup
Romano Cheese
Pepper
Kosher Salt

Optional: sauce for dipping pizza in

Grease your pizza pan and spread out the dough. Melt the butter; mix in the chopped garlic, olive oil, pepper, & salt. Spread the mixture over the dough. Squeeze excess water out of spinach and sprinkle across top of dough; sprinkle mushrooms over top of spinach; spread thinly sliced onions over top. Sprinkle romano cheese over top of vegetables. Spread mozzarella cheese over top; grate the Fontina cheese and spread over the top of the mozzarella cheese.

Bake in oven at 375 for 14-16 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browning.

Slice & enjoy!






I did end up using a little bit of sauce to dip my pizza in. Mostly, because the dough was not so great. The dough was a little bready and thick - with a different crust, I most likely would not dip it in sauce.

No comments: