Monday, August 20, 2012

Lawn Fawn (August Inspiration Week)

Lawn Fawn debuted two new paper collections at the Summer CHA show in July! This collection, "Dewey Decimal", is a huge hit with me! I love books and libraries! Plus, the B sides of these papers make this collection something that can be used without a school/book/library theme :-)




I created this layout by taking a block of the ledger paper and adhering to the Kraft card stock. I then placed strips of the Lawn Fawn pattern paper at a diagonal on the ledger paper. I sewed down each of the strips and stapled some little tabs using my Fiskars tab punch on them. Above the strips, I layered some punched circles, Instax photos, and stickers. My journaling went to the right side of the photos. I placed a few little banner strips in the upper right hand corner and stitched them down. I sprinkled some brads on and placed my title and small banner sticker on the strips of paper.

SUPPLIES:
Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal Pattern Papers
Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal Sticker Sheet
Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal Alphabet Sticker Sheet
Lawn Fawn Twine
Basic Grey Brads
Typewriter
Sewing Machine

I LOVE the color scheme in this collection. They are such warm, homey tones! I created this layout from a sketch by Kinsey Wilson.

Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments:

Ashley H said...

I can recognize that sketch & Janet Evanovich is awesome. The Stephanie Plum series is LOL hilarious - LOVE it!

conil said...

Oh my gosh,this LO makes me happy just looking at it. You really used this new paper to its full advantage. Kudos.

Jill said...

I cannot wait to get the Dewey Decimal collection. It's at the top of my CHA wish list. ;)