Monday, September 24, 2012

Fa-la-la! *Lawn Fawn*

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year!! I love everything about it: the sights, sounds, smells..everything! When Lawn Fawn announced they were putting a Christmas collection together this year, I was super excited!  This is my first project done with this collection, but will certainly not be my last! I love the designs and colors throughout the entire collection. 




I changed up my normal mode of scrapbooking when I put this layout together. I started with a Kraft base and painted it with a layer of gesso. While the gesso was still wet, I layered six different sheets of pattern paper from the 6x6 pad. I then painted a thin layer of gesso over the tops of the pattern paper - this gave it a more muted, frosty look. I layered some pattern paper and vellum in the middle of the layout and adhered my photo on top. I created three tags from the pattern paper and used the new red and white twine on them. I layered two of the tags upside down in the upper right hand corner and layered a card stock sticker on top. I tucked the other tag up underneath some of the layers behind the photo. I punched a punch of snowflakes out with Kraft paper and then punched another layer from vellum. I layered them together and stapled them. I sprinkled these across the layout. Lastly, I placed my title down - I started on the picture and also placed two words below the picture. The green alphabet letters are the new alphas in this collection!

SUPPLIES:
1.  Fa-la-la 6x6 Paper Pad
2.  Fa-la-la Green Alphabet Stickers
3.  Fa-la-la Card Stock Stickers
4.  Fa-la-la Red Twine

Thanks for taking a peek and stopping by!

3 comments:

Renee V said...

Very cute, love the funny title and pic, the upside down tags and gorgeous snowflakes in kraft!

Malini C. said...

I love how everything was put together. It looks awesome! :)

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Great tutorial. I love the muted layers and double snowflakes. it's such a fun layout. Great job