Friday, December 14, 2007

friday*nite

Can't believe it has already been an entire week since I last blogged. I'm tellin' you what...ever since I've been working, my time online has been like non-existent. After staring at a computer screen for 9 hours at work every day, the last thing I feel like doing when I come home is stare at yet another computer screen...lol.

Work is going actually....pretty well! I have started taking calls; the first few were kinda scary just because it is TOTALLY different being on that end of the telephone, navigating around multiple screens, and try to discern what the issue actually is that the client is talking about...lol. Some of them, actually MOST of them ramble on about stuff that doesn't even pertain to the issue at hand...definitely makes for a very interesting day. And since I've been taking calls, my days are going by MUCH faster...and for that I am VERY thankful! Yesterday, my last call lasted 66 minutes. It ended at 4:57...just in time for me to go home! Definitely a very long call...lots of stuff going on. Had to remote into their computer and change some INI files around, detach a database...lots of different things. So, I'm hoping that the more familiar I get navigating around the actual databases and special files that the software creates when it is installed, that this will actually become something that I will enjoy. Right now, it is just more frustrating than anything, because I am having to constantly ask for help. I guess in time, it will all click.

I actually did do a bit of scrapping earlier in the week. I came home from work, Troy was working the late shift, and I just felt like I needed to let my brain be a bit creative....so, I completed the Dare #78....letter to your former self. Really enjoyed working on this layout...I lifted a layout from Vee at SisTV..she totally rocks the scrapbook layouts. I let the colors and overall design influence my layout. I'm hoping to dig into my SoML kit again this weekend. I got it last weekend, and have only managed to do one layout with it and the cutest little Christmas tree that I don't think I posted on here yet either!

I am a brand new auntie! My beautiful little nephew, Kaleb Wayne, was born Tuesday evening! Troy and I went and visited Wayne and Jamie at the hospital on Wednesday nite. Such a cutie pie, he is! He weighed right under 8 lbs. And of course, silly me forget to bring my camera....*sigh*....one of these days, I'll get it all together! Baby and Mommy go home tomorrow as she had to have a emergency C-section. So, I'm sure things will be a little wild for them over the next few weeks as they adjust to the new little member of the family.

Let's see...not much else going on. Troy is working ALOT of late shifts at work...which I absolutely DESPISE!!!!!!!!! It means he doesn't go to work until 4:00 in the afternoon and doesn't get home until after midnight and usually more like 1:00am. So, when he works those days, I don't even see him as I leave the house around 6:55 in the morning and then don't get off until 5:00. And next week, I won't be getting off until 5:30....blah. And then next month, at the start of January, we go to even MORE extended hours because of the tax season. So three of the 4 weeks of January, February, and March, I'll be working 8:00-6:00. And one week of each month, I'll work 9:30-7:30. Yuck. And there are even a few Saturdays in there too. But, at least I'll get paid overtime, so that will mean some extra money!


Okey-dokey...here's the scrappi-ness...and hope you all have a good weekend!


No comments: