Sunday, November 30, 2008

so very thankful

I meant to do this a few days ago - and then was reminded as I was blog-hopping tonite that I still DID need to do this. So many things have happened this past year - some good, some not so good...but, they all are helping to shape and mold me into the person I am becoming. A year ago at this time, I was getting ready to start a new job. I had been without a job for a little over a year and had hunted faithfully for about 5 months. I was extremely depressed. The Mann was in sales at that time, and our monies just seemed to get tighter and tighter with each week. The same week I started my new job, he started a new job with a company that delivers a faithful and steady paycheck every two weeks. This past year, I've felt like we were just finally getting back on the right track - getting bills paid/caught up/etc. So, this past Thanksgiving meant so very much to me as last year, Thanksgiving was sort of a turning point in my life. Without further ado, my "thanks" list for this year:

1. My husband
2. My job
3. My family
4. My car
5. My new cell phone I splurged on when I got my 400.00 bonus from work!
6. My new camera my wonderful mann bought me for my birthday
7. Weekends
8. Hot chocolate
9. A home
10. My furry childrens
11. Water
12. Pedicures
13. New computer at work
14. Reconnecting with old friends
15. My health
16. The option to have health insurance
17. American Crafts thickers (any of them!)
18. Polaroid pictures
19. Christmas Music
20. My brother marrying a wonderful girl
21. My pop-pop
22. Iced Tea from Whataburger
23. My wedding rings
24. Realizing that I don't have to put up with crap from people. I can stand up for myself and say NO!
25. Turning 27
26. Date night with the Mann
27. Sunday dinners with my family
28. A good book
29. Old family pictures
30. Burt's bee chapstick
31. Having someone around that can make me laugh so hard my sides hurt and tears run down my cheeks ;-)
32. Blue skies
33. The internet
34. My best friend
35. We lived through another hurricane season
36. Glimmer Mist
37. Change
38. The photo person at Wal-greens that greets me by name (yes, I print that many pictures!) even when I'm not there to pick up pictures.
39. Being spoiled by my husband
40. Life


2 comments:

Lizee said...

Im glad you have job with stable income coming in! That's a big one to be thankful for..


ooo im also Thankful for Polaroid:)
Fun stuff

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Found a comment of you on my new (just started last month)blog. I still find it very exciting when comments come in, especially when they are sweet and nice (like yours) Had to view your blog too, ofcourse. Love it! See you around again, somewhere on the net! Love, Marit