Tuesday, June 23, 2009


I was tagged by Kristi, so here goes:

Here are the rules for this Award:

* Post 10 honest things about yourself and post the award on your blog.
* Give this award to some people who follow your blog.
10 Honest Things About Me:

1. I really don't like it when people that may believe something different than me try to make me see how their belief is the correct one and try to "shove it down my throat".
2. I may take snide remarks and general rudeness that is directed towards me and just let it blow right over me, but DON'T do that to my husband. And yes, this is totally directed towards a certain someone.
3. I absolutely hate dieting. I struggle constantly with this and often wish that I had been one of the blessed "skinny" people.
4. I am way too addicted to Facebook. ;-)
5. I am really enjoying finding old friends on Facebook that I never thought I would ever see again.
6. I bite my lower lip when I am concentrating on something.
7. I religiously read Postsecret every Sunday. Sometimes, I find my own secrets on there. It amazes me every time.
8. I love my husband more than anyone else in this world. Out of everyone I have ever known in my life, he is the one that has given me the confidence and self esteem that I have.
9. I treasure my family. At one time in my life, I faced the realization that I may never talk to them again or share in their lives. We may still struggle with the past and things that have happened, but I am determined to not let one man's actions interfere anymore.
10. I am not a person that makes friends very easily.
I tag whoever reads this and wants to play...

So, that's the deep, nitty gritty stuff. :-) We all have it. Sometimes, I like to bury that stuff way down there, but it is all a part of my life whether I like it or not.

I finally finished the Weekend Creative Project that Ali Edwards posted on her blog in May. I took a boatload of pictures on the May 15th, 16th, & 17th weekend....finally, finally got them all compiled into a mini book. I really like how this one came out. You can see the rest of my pictures on this project on my flickr account (link is off to the right side of the blog).




I also did a couple of layouts yesterday. The first one is for the OLW Challenge. The second one is for the "dizzy & green" prompt that Elise Blaha posted on her blog yesterday. I've got another layout in process - and will hopefully finish it up today....



This past week or so, I have been hibernating inside my house. It is so hot outside, all you have to do is stand out there for less than 30 seconds and you have sweat running down your face. The temps have been getting up to around 100 degrees with the heat index at 112. And of course, 100% humidiy. Nasty weather.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your header! Looks realy neat:)

Jen said...

Melissa, I just came across your blog from the OLW blog where you won. Congrats! I love your work. :) I had to comment after I just read your honest list because so much of it was true for me also... Even #10, so it was a big deal to comment on a stranger's blog. Nice to "meet" you...

Unknown said...

Loved you OLW page, sooooo glad it won :)