Saturday, May 15, 2010

May Theme Layout for GCD Studios

May Theme Layout
for GCD Studios
by
Melissa Mann


This month's theme layout was inspired by nesting dolls – otherwise known as matryoshka dolls. I ended up going with a quilted look for the patterned paper that I used on this layout. I punched out squares from various GCD Studio papers from the Artsy Urban line and laid them down on the white cardstock. I then sewed down each strip vertically & horizontally. My photo, embellishments, & title were then placed on top of the “quilt”.



SUPPLIES USED:
1. Bazzill Cardstock - Black & White
2. Thread
3. GCD Studios
Artsy Urban Patterned Paper
Artsy Urban Glass Paperclip
Artsy Urban Layered Flowers
4. Martha Stewart
Green Baker's Twine
Royal Butterfly Punch
5. Oval Tag
6. Fontwerks Adhesive Label
7. American Crafts Thickers
8. Jenni Bowlin Circle Alphabet
9. Stazon Ink - Black
10. Technique Tuesday Acrylic Stamp
11. Pink Paislee Artisan Tape

*I posted this on Saturday, May 15th. However, I used my scheduled posting feature, and accidentally posted it at 4/15/10. *shaking head* :-)

3 comments:

danielle said...

hey, I love it!! How creative! And i collect matryoshkas. Started when I was little after my Granny gave me her 3-4 she had. LOVE your LO. Is GDC selling papaer with them on it?

Vanessa said...

Beautiful layout..love the stitching!

krista said...

This is so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

~krista