Thursday, July 22, 2010

GCD Studios - Spotlight

Hello!

Back again with some more GCD Studios! I was inspired by a layout by Celine Navarro recently in the Studio Calico gallery and this was the result of that inspiration.

I layered some yellow & blue & brown strips of paper, and placed the photo on the top of the stacked papers & title. I used some blue stitching to create a visual triangle - which leads the eye around the page. And I used the chipart tool on my clouds. My "clouds" were actually angel wings. I didn't know what to do with this pack of angel wings that GCD sent me and I was playing around with them one day and realized that if you flipped them around, they also resembled clouds! I "stamped" the chipart into the chipboard and then covered them with white gesso. Then, I liberally sprayed them with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then using my finger, I swiped some blue paint over the clouds to give them a little dimension. It's hard to tell in the photo, but they are quite sparkly from the Glimmer Mist!



SUPPLIES USED:
Bazzill Cardstock
GCD Studios Patterned Paper, Chipboard, ChipArt Tool
Pink Paislee Rubons & Tape
Hambly Overlays
American Crafts Thickers
Thread
7 Gypsies sticker
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Gesso
Ranger Paint Dabber
Digital Vintage Photo Frame by Danielle Thompson for Kitschy Digitals


1 comment:

danielle said...

so. stealing. this...you are so talented!