Friday, September 24, 2010

GCD Studios - September Technique Layout

This month we are highlighting the fabulous Chip Art Tool! The possibilities with this tool are just endless.  I have tried many different ways in using this tool and have been pleasantly surprised.  I tried a new technique with using the tool this month and was quite impressed with the end result.






I used the Chip Art tool as the chipboard stars that are placed at the top and bottom of the layout.  I was looking for another way to tie in the heart chip art "stamp" when I noticed the chipboard alphabets stickers I had used on my layout. 

Before pounding away on my title though, I first tried it out on a different alpha to see what the effect would be. It gave it a very nice textured look that completely finished out the layout!  And one little tip - if you do try this out, make sure to lay your title out in the place you want it on your layout. When I first tried out my practice letter, I just placed in on the chip art block.  Let's just say, that it didn't come up in one piece ;-)  So, make sure it is where you want it before "stamping" it!












Another great way to use the Chip Art Tool!

SUPPLIES USED:
Cardstock:  Kraft, Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  GCD Studios "Ava", "Artsy Urban", & "Zippity" Collections
Embellishents:  GCD Studios chipboard stars, heart stamp
Alphabet: Jenni Bowlin, American Crafts
Stamps: Coffee Girl Crafts, Technique Tuesday, Purple Onion
Ink:  StazOn
Thread
Punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars
Claudine Hellmuth Gesso

No comments: