Monday, December 20, 2010

....and some more December Daily...

 *more Christmas Tree bokeh*
*digital brush element by Ali Edwards*

 *working on a project for The Girl's Loft*

 *favorite breakfast - egg & ham burrito*

*around the house*

*star ornament*

 *my black Honda - which died a miserable death this month*

 *love the smell*

 *home again, home again*

*happy mail*

I feel like I'm SOOOO behind on everything that is Christmas/scrapbooking/December Daily/Life related. This past week was a blur.  A blur that was supposed to include Christmas gift shopping, decorating, scrapbooking, Christmas partying, and all the other good stuff that comes along at this time of year. Instead, I was laid up in bed after having an emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I spent most of the week in bed in a pain med induced sleep.  Not really how I had planned for this week to go. My husband took me to the emergency room last Sunday night.  We had been sitting in church watching & listening to the special Christmas program that they put on and I started having this odd pain in my chest.  And yes, I was totally freaked out.  The whole week before, I hadn't been feeling myself at all - had pain in my shoulder, shoulder blade area, arm....I knew something wasn't right, but I didn't have any idea what it was.  I actually have not really been feeling good for a few months now.. but again, didn't know what it was. Well, after having those pains in my chest, I came home & took a shower, and thought I was just going to go to bed; well, they quickly came back and so off to the ER we went. A couple hours, chest x-ray, blood work, EKG, & ultrasound later...the ER doctor told me that she was admitting me to have an emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed.  The technicall name is Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, and to say the least, I was FREAKED out. There is one thing in life that has always terrified me:  SURGERY. The though of someone cutting on my body and I'm out cold, absolutely scared me to death. Unfortunately, my gallbladder was so bad off, that at any point, it could have blocked up and I could have gone septic, and the end result of that is not a desired one either. So, surgery it was. We were in the hospital for two days; I had the BEST nurse ever (seriously, she deserves a medal), had a great doctor, had a private room...really, it went as well as it possibly could. I have 10 staples in my abdomen - thankfully, they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically, which meant only 3-4 small incisions.  One of them is rather large, the doctor said he had to make that one somewhat bigger because of how big some of the gallstones were.  Oh yes, did I forget to mention how many gallstones he pulled out of me?  At least 40. At least.  His exact words. And some of them were as big as a 1 carat diamond, so he said. Hence, why I have not been feeling good for the past few months. Anyway, I'm well on my road of recovery. I'm feeling better & better every day. I have the staples removed this Wednesday, and then I return to work on Thursday. And I have ALOT of catching up to do this week....

Wishing you & your's a happy & HEALTHY holiday season!


Marie aka bettiescrapbook said...

Man girl I am so glad you are ok! I love the pics.

K13 said...

Wow!! What a scary surgery but I'm glad things have turned out well and that you are feeling better everyday.

Like you, I am also way behind on my DD album...ugh. For some reason I can never seem to keep up with this one.

Wendy said...

So scary! I'd never wish you pain, but at least it was the type that brought on the action of going in and seeing about the pain. Some people are stubborn and wait too long. I'm glad you caught it before things got super serious (i.e. septic). Hope recovery goes quickly. Have a beautiful xmas.