Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beef Tips & Mushrooms


I've been hankering to use my crock pot again recently and last Sunday I decided to try my hand at beef tips & mushrooms. I didn't really follow any sort of recipe - I just threw some stuff together and hoped for the best! It turned out pretty tasty!

Beef Tips
Carton of fresh Mushrooms
2/3 c Red Cooking Wine, divided
1 can Beef Consomme
3/4 can Beef Broth
1 Shallot, diced
2 TBSP butter
3 chopped garlic cloves
Oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Pepper
Oregano
Worchestire sauce
2 cans Cream of Mushroom
1/4 cup of sour cream

Pour some oil into a pan and bring to high heat. Brown the beef on all sides and set aside. In same pan, melt butter; add chopped garlic, shallots, and mushrooms; add 1/3 cup of red wine to de-glaze pan. Cook for a couple of minutes until mushrooms start to cook down; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Put cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, beef broth, beef consomme, and rest of red wine in crock pot; add beef; add mushroom mixture; add salt, pepper, oregano, lemon pepper, & worchestire sauce and mix all together. Put crock pot on high and place lid on. Cook for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. Cook until beef is fork tender.

Once my husband got home, I cooked up some no yolk egg noodles (love those things!) and placed the beef tips on top. Super yum!


1 comment:

beef tips said...

yummy, i want to make it for tomorrow.