Monday, February 27, 2012

Lawn Fawn!

So, a while back I got a lovely email from a certain lady at Lawn Fawn asking me if I'd like to work with their products - specifically their new paper line that was debuting at the CHA Winter 2012 show! Obviously, I was more than happy to help her out and these two projects below are ones I made with their new paper line "The Bright Side".  You can also view the original posts here and here on the blog where you can also check out all of the other girls amazing work!




On this layout, I used a piece of yellow card stock and then matted a block of the silver lining pattern paper and matted a block of the kraft chevron paper on top of that. I stitched all of those papers down with my sewing machine. From there, I started punching/cutting out circles from white card stock and then matted those white circles with papers from the Bright Side collection. Some circles also got a photo or embellishment or journaling! It took a little time to lay it all out and stitch it all down, but the end result was quite fun!



For this simple little greeting card, I cut a green piece of card stock into a 10 x 7 block and folded it in half. Then I cut a block of the Kraft chevron paper and matted the green card stock. I took two smaller strips of pattern paper and matted them with white card stock. Before I adhered them down, I stitched across the Kraft chevron paper with my sewing machine. I adhered down the two strips and then used my circle punch to punch out the Kraft circle, matted that with a piece of pattern paper and adhered it down with pop dots. I used the alphabet stickers for the "hey!" and the Flying By stamp set for the sentiment!

Make sure to check out the Lawn Fawn blog! Lots of giveaways and ideas for the new stamp sets will be posted there!!

2 comments:

Sharon Roselli said...

loving the circles! great layout with beautiful paper. your card is good too. thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Wow the whole DT did such a fantastic job at displaying all the uses for these new papers. I really love that mini album you did. The sewing looks so good too. TFS.